Sunday, January 4, 2009

The richochet poet cafe (first poem of 2009?)

brilliant garden of thought
a solitary dance to remember
it sings like skin

your cool cocktail play
as we meander to prison
beside this rain
immense life
and sky

teach the moon and sun
of a day like night

let music soothe

lounge through paradise
when wicked matter does live

time shall hear you wait.

---------------------------------------

titled, a boy

I think about his voice
so in love
how he must feel
what luck I have


---

and then things just started to get too complicated, because I had used all the connecting words I kept needing. So I wound up with things like "dizzy lizard" and "machine motor murmur."

1 comment:

kathickers said...

Very Ginsbergian!

Awesome as always, Kim. Also, I LOVE the imagery of dizzy lizard and machine motor murmur and you should totally work those into something.