Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sing it to me, sweet.

Okay, so am working on this poem and I got kinda stuck. I HATE writing poetry, and I almost never do it, because I am not good at it, even though I love to read it. But every once in a while something will happen and I'll get this urge to poetize. I read this quote once that was something along the lines of "A prose writer gets tired of writing prose, and wants to be a poet. So he begins every line with a capital letter, and keeps on writing prose" and that is me as a poet. So anyway, here is the prosem I'm working on now, and I need advice. It's free verse, because I am too lame to work in a meter, and I think I like the first stanza, I kinda know how I want it to end, but you can see in the third stanza I got lost. So, ideas? Even if your idea is to burn it, I'd like to hear it.


No Crossroads

You didn’t have to make a choice
Because every day is pretty much
the same here
And we all do what we do
And if you think you’re not gonna
Be disappointed
Not gonna wake up
To some harsh sunlight
Right in your unblinking eyes
Then you obviously just got here

Ninety degrees and you’re moving
And I don’t even know why because
The sun hurts my eyes
And I don’t want to believe what
Everyone says about you
I love you
But every day you face to
The left or the right
And maybe I just got here because
I never see the turn

I’m not going to catch you until
We’re looking in the same direction
I miss you???
Every time???
???
???
???
???
???
There’s only the road.

P.S. Seriously, if it sucks, tell me and I'll abandon it.

No comments: