Thursday, December 25, 2008

Attention, Beeyotches.

We all have talents and we all have skills. And since I don't see anyone getting paid or recognized in any way for any of the content of this blog or our personal blogs, that means that nothing here is anyone's "thing". The whole point of writing club was for ALL of us to be able to just write and post whatever the hell we felt like, and maybe get some feedback. THE POINT IS TO WRITE--nobody cares if you are J.D. Fucking Salinger or not. If you guys keep adding these passive aggressive little, "well I'm not as good as _____ " messages, no one's going to want to post anything. So knock it off.

If you like something someone wrote, tell 'em. If you don't, tell 'em as kindly as possible, with some suggestions. If you can't live with this kind of writing community, GTFO. There will be no snowflakes here.

(P.S. This has nothing to do with any of you personally--it's just a rule for the group that I intend to enforce from now on. If you post something with a qualifier like the one above, I'll delete your post.)

6 comments:

Benjamin said...

You go, man.

erm, I mean girl :P

kimberly anne said...

THANK YOU, ms. abel.

Seriously.

Hair said...

YEAH! WHO THE HELL WAS DOING THAT!?!
wait...
It was only a joke! I'm sorry!

kathickers said...

No, Hair, don't take it personally, it wasn't directed at you at all. I think I even did it once or twice, so I'm not trying to single anyone out. I'm just trying to stop it before it gets out of hand.

Benjamin said...

DIDI NOT! show me one post wwhere I did it.

this time, I HAVE THE MORAL HIGH GROUND!

Cassidi Marie said...

Kay. Sorry. :(

Ben, I flippin hate you! In a way that makes me love you dearly and kinda go 'awwwww.'
Moral high ground... ha.