Monday, December 8, 2008

Frankenstein, as told by De Lacey (memory games)

Pertaining to what occurred in the cabin

In the cabin I was left alone
When someone knocked
and entered my home
I let him sit
and he didn't mind
my old age
or the fact that I was blind
He began to tell me his story
He told me of his worry
He wished to befriend a family
But of rejection he had a fear
I told him not to worry
As approaching steps we did hear
He suddenly confessed that this family
Whom he loved, in fact, was my own
And I realized that in teaching Safie
A knowledge of French was in him sewn
He had been restocking our firewood
and shoveling our snow
He had watched and loved us
He had been alone
But before I could learn his identity
My son entered, attacking this man
And although he only did it to protect me
He was frightened and he ran.



Impressions of the Creature

He was courteous and self controlled
He was respectful of the old
He was honest and polite
He tried to do what was right
He was alive, just like you
He knew what he did do
He longed for a friend
but his appearance did not lend
He knew love and hate
Though his temper wasn't great.




Feelings of fear and woe

I had no Idea
of what was going on
So I was full of fear
Until the man was gone.
After things were explained
I wasn't scared at all
Except, for that poor creature
Who's faith in man would fall.




A Means to an End

My own daughter had fainted
And my daughter-in-law had fled
They all feared if we stayed their
That we would wind up dead.
So as soon as we possibly could,
We packed up everything we knew we would
Need to keep with us, as we should,
And moved away, for our own good.

3 comments:

kathickers said...

Have I told you lately how friggin' awesome you are?

Frankenstein poetry??? Allusions are my favorite!!! :)

kimberly anne said...

As a teacher, I don't think you're supposed to tell me I'm awesome when I wait until the night before to prepare for a 'presentation' of sorts, and have to use poetry to memorize the stuff in time, but thanks. =]

Not sure Fredley would like it if I answered in Poem when I was on the stand for the trial though.

Hair said...

Screw Fredley. That is too awesome not to do.